Blog entry from 2021-02-11
The next two tournaments of our still young Home Tour series will take place next weekend. Our newest MWS location, the Billiards Club Desio, with Italian top player Luca Marzio Garavaglia will also participate. He and Lukas Stamm (Berlin) have the greatest chances of stopping the series winners Andreas Efler and Markus Dömer. However, all participants have chances, because our fast match formats ensure guaranteed excitement until the end.
The three cushion competition is played on Saturday (February 13) and the five pins competition on Sunday (February 14). Tournaments and broadcasts start at 10:00am.
The tournaments on February 13/14 will be played in round robin tournament mode with set system match format. The three cushion matches are played on 4 winning sets in 3 points open end format, the five pins matches on 2 winning sets of 60 points each. These are the participants:
- Bengtsson, Kim (3C | Store Heddinge, Denmark)
- Dömer, Markus (3C | Castrop-Rauxel, Germany)
- Efler, Andreas (3C+5P | Hinterbrühl, Austria)
- Efler, Brigitte (5P | Hinterbrühl, Austria)
- Garavaglia, Luca Marzio (5P | Desio, Italy)
- Parasiliti, Sergio (5P | Innsbruck, Austria)
- Sparer, Peter (3C | Innsbruck, Austria)
- Stamm, Lukas (3C | Berlin, Germany)
- Truong, Tay-Dien (3C | Erlangen, Germany)
Both tournaments are played online over the MWS system, which means that the individual tournament participants do not physically meet in one place, but each player plays alone at its own table - especially in times of the corona pandemic, a dictate of the moment.